Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
***If you have previously applied for this position you need not apply again.***
This position manages selected security programs for our five (5) airports and ensures a consistent approach at all airports.
* General Aviation and Air Cargo Security - Serve as the departmental expert and coordinator on issues and operations related to general aviation security and air cargo at each of the Port Authority’s airports, including researching and analyzing current and proposed national regulations concerning general aviation security and air cargo, serving as a departmental liaison on selected topics to the national TSA and the state of NY and NJ’s offices of aviation, and serving as a resource on these topics to aviation staff and to other Port Authority Departments such as Law, Purchasing, TSD, etc.; The position will produce position papers for executive policy decision-making, regarding security for air cargo and General Aviation operations at each airport. In addition, this individual will produce analyses of General Aviation security regulations and their impact on Port Authority airport operations and cost impact on operating and capital budgets.
* Security Audit Services - Oversee the performance of the Security Auditing Services contract at each airport in close cooperation with the Airport Security Managers. Responsibilities include evaluation and analysis of security audit results and development of recommendations for proactive solutions to recurring security audit deficiencies.
* Security Training Services – Oversee the performance of the Security Training Services contract at each airport in close cooperation with the Airport Security Managers. Responsibilities include evaluation and analysis of security training testing results and development of training recommendations to respond to any emerging airport security trends, changes in TSA regulations or Port Authority policies and procedures and airport needs. This responsibility will include overseeing the implementation and transition to computer based security training
* Airport Community Watch Program - Manage the Airport Community Watch Program which includes monitoring and tracking of cost expenditures, developing security related public information media and assisting the awards committee on Crime Watch awards. In addition, the position will increase security awareness at the facilities through the development of a comprehensive security awareness program. This individual will leverage the current Airport Community Watch Program to achieve this objective.
* Legislation and Best Practices Research - Conduct security legislation research and best practices. Responsibilities include development of white papers on security legislation and regulations, surveying other airports to obtain best practices information and analyzing the survey results to determine if Aviation can and should incorporate such best practices.
* Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Transportation Security Clearinghouse, Customs and Border Patrol (CBP), other federal agencies, PAPD, airport community and other PA departments for efficient and effective security operations. * * Manage or assist in the implementation of new or enhanced security systems and/or projects/programs. For example, the position will oversee the implementation of the new Info Corp credential check project at airport vehicle guard posts. * * Participate on security industry working groups involving research and report writing, conference calls regarding implementation of new TSA Security Directives. Participate and/or lead PA security meetings.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position: * A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in security management, aviation management, public administration or business administration or other relevant degree.
* Must be able to obtain TSA secret security clearance after hiring.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile: * Training or experience in aviation security
* Three years of contract administration and monitoring of contractor performance.
* Strong project management skills with the ability to establish plans, set priorities, coordinate activities, delegate tasks and responsibilities, and manage resources to achieve project goals in a high pressure environment with multiple tasks due in a tight timeframe.
* Superior interpersonal skills including demonstrated experience interacting effectively with all levels of staff, both within and outside the agency.
* Superior communication skills, both oral and in writing.
* Demonstrated problem solving, analytical and decision making skills.
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, BudgetPro and SAP.
* Knowledge of and/or ability to learn Port Authority Aviation operating policies and procedures including those related to contract administration, budgeting, staffing, and contract development.
* Knowledge of and/ or familiarity with Transportation Security Administration Security Regulations 49 CFR 1540, 1542, and 1544.
* Knowledge of security management, methods and equipment
* Knowledge of airport operations and General Aviation in particular
* Knowledge of and/ or familiarity with Air Terminal Rules and Regulations, especially with regard to security.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Demonstrated ability to identify problems and develop long-term solutions.
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task while providing outstanding customer service.
* Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed performance objectives and measures.
* Ability to effectively interact with internal and external management and governmental agencies.
* Strong, proven, oral and written communication and presentations skills.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office software programs, specifically Excel, Outlook, Word, and Power Point.
* Familiarity with contract administration and monitoring of contractor performance.
* Excellent analytical skills.
* Knowledge of Title 14 CFR Part 139, pertaining to airport safety, certification and operations.
* Demonstrated knowledge and experience with various computerized systems.
Note: The successful candidate must be able to pass a criminal history records check, as mandated by 49 CFR 1542, and meet all requirements necessary to obtain and maintain a Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Card.
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.