The Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia has an opening for a DIRECTOR OF SECURITY.
The goal of the Security Director is to create and preserve an environment where employees, visitors and property are safe and well-protected at The Jewish Community Services Building at 2100 Arch Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania while providing consulting services to other Jewish organizations located in the Greater Philadelphia area.
THE SECURITY DIRECTOR WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR PERFORMING THE FOLLOWING DUTIES AND TASKS.
- Planning, examining, analyzing and/or overseeing matters of security and incident response for the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia and act in a similar capacity as an advisor to community agencies, day schools and synagogues.
- Create and implement procedures, plans and policies for prevention, detection, protection and mitigation strategies related to safety.
- Serve as a resource for our community agencies, day schools and synagogues. Recommend upgrades and improvements in security operations, protocols and procedures where needed.
- Review, analyze and disseminate intelligence reports and relevant information regarding security.
- Perform regular audits of safety and security compliance at all Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia campuses.
- Develop a strong relationship and coordinate security protocols with police, fire, local and national public safety organizations, State and Federal agencies including Jewish Federation of North America’s special initiative, the Secure Community Network (SCN).
- Monitor information related to terrorism and public safety.
- Meet with public safety representatives and attend meetings of organizations concerning security matters.
- Meet on a regular basis with the CEO/President for periodic direct updates.
- Oversee the identification and access control program at 2100 Arch Street.
- Act as resource to senior Jewish Federation management on all security matters.
- Respond to emergencies and incidents (injuries, accidents and public protests, etc.)
- Coordinate messaging as necessary, with the Chief Executive Officer and the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Ensure emergency contact lists are maintained.
- Conduct regular emergency preparedness tests, drills, meetings and trainings including fire drills, lockdown drills, bomb threats, evacuations, etc.
- Arrange security services for functions, events, visiting dignitaries as needed.