Job Title: Assistant Manager Health & Safety
Department: Security and Safety Solutions
The Assistant Manager for Health & Safety is responsible for the review, approval and enforcement of all safety procedures, training and metrics reporting. All duties and responsibilities, listed herein, are under the direction of the Manager of Health & Safety. He or she will develop and implement best practice procedures, develop and report key performance indicators and enforce all safety regulations are followed. He or she will design training programs and facilitate safety training for the 4,000 employees of the Center. He or she will collaborate with internal departments, contractors, vendors and business partners with the common goal of reducing workplace injuries and the associated expenses incurred as a result. This position is designed to be pro-active and preventative in scope for the mitigation of workplace injuries.
Main Areas of Responsibilities:
* Provides exceptional levels of client and/or guest hospitality at all times and understands he or she represents the Center in how he or she conducts him/herself.
* Manage and schedule safety staff to ensure adequate coverage of show activities and contracted safety consultants.
* Understands that he or she is to constructively partner and collaborate with all business partners, contractors and vendors to demonstrably install training programs and initiatives which yield a reduction in workplace injuries and create a Center wide awareness to safety initiatives.
* Responsible for meeting third party requirements of the building, such as Federal, State and (where applicable) local agencies, including but not limited to OSHA, and for liaising with regulators such as PESH, and DEP.
* Schedules pre-event meeting(s) with general service contractors and/or decorators to review all safety requirements, communication planning needs and planning for all aspects of a safe event
* Facilitate training for employees in safe work practices for newly hired or refresher training sessions, such as but not limited to: On-Boarding, Powered Industrial Truck, Aerial Lift, HazCom, Bloodborne Pathogens, Suspended Scaffolding, and Behavioral Based Safety.
* Maintains safety files, records and logs.
* Performs safety inspections, prepares written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective or preventative measures where indicated and follows up to ensure measures have been abated.
* Provides oversight and quality assurance for all incident reporting data and reporting
* Maintains the scheduling of training and conduct/participate in training sessions.
* Conducts and manages the deliverance of tool box talks.
* Assist in the development, annual reviews and upgrading of existing safety programs.
* Ability to assist Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) consultant for noise sampling, and/or use of air monitors for permit required confined space entries.