Senior Manager, Global Safety and Security
This role will be based out of our Santana Row Office in San Jose and will require being in our SF Office at least 1-2 days per week.
This position will provide leadership, guidance and operational management for all Splunk facilities for all aspects of physical safety and security on a global basis.
Splunk has nearly 3,000 employees at 24 locations in more than 15 countries and is growing rapidly. The role will be based in the San Francisco Bay Area and report to the Senior Director of Real Estate and Facilities.
Candidates will have a proven ability to use innovation and creativity in planning with a focus on programs that provide a balance of risk mitigation, financial acumen and customer service. The position requires building and maintaining partnerships with information technology, human resources, communications, legal, finance, facilities and other groups, to identify security initiatives and standards. S/he will direct all components of the global safety and security services programs to:
- Insure all legally mandated safety programs are adhered to
- Oversee the design, justification, scheduling, budgeting, implementation and management of safety and security methodologies to optimally balance systems, staff, risk, and budget to reasonably protect employees, visitors, vendors, assets, and infrastructure
- Direct a program of contracted security services (both electronic and human) in execution of business requirements as measured by SLA's, KPI's, and other indicators
- Refine and direct an enterprise-wide program focused on safe practices, emergency protocols, and preventing, tracking and responding to instances of workplace violence
- Be the primary interface with law enforcement. Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to direct investigations into breaches of safety and security Maintain appropriate relationships with local, state and federal law enforcement and other related government agencies.
- Arrange for the assessment on an ongoing basis of potential risks to key executives, talent, and company event venues especially in high-risk areas or countries. Develop and implement procedures to minimize and guard against these threats
- Maintain a global risk assessment and travel security program to provide pre-travel advice and on-the-ground security support to international business travelers, as needed
Key Competencies, Skills and Knowledge:
- A proven track record of working collaboratively with subject matter experts on cross-functional teams, balancing disparate priorities, and rapid problem solving in high-demand situations
- A balanced approach to risk and risk mitigation considering financial and company cultural parameters
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills; effective at building trust and the ability to deal direct with every level of company management
- Very knowledgeable with respect to access control and video security systems technologies
- Direct interview techniques and skills
- Project management skills with a proven ability to achieve results
- Diplomatic in dealing with company personnel across a wide variety of cultures and in sensitive situations
- 7+ years progressive experience in private sector corporate security management (may substitute some law enforcement or military experience)
- Prior leadership experience in a high tech, fast growth, corporate environment with a broad knowledge of security matters and legal principles
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Public Administration, Criminal Justice or equivalent experience
- Experience with business continuity planning, auditing, and/or risk management
- Experience hiring and supervising third-party resources (e.g., contractors, vendors, consultants).
- Solid understanding of information technology and information security
- Proven track record of advancement and success in previous roles
- Must be flexible to work weekends and evenings as required
- Willingness to travel globally up to 25% of the time