| JOB SUMMARY: The Director manages the day-to-day operational functions of Pinkerton field office(s) within a geographic area and supports the Region Managing Director on administrative, sales, client satisfaction/penetration, and profitability issues.|
The Essential Functions Include:
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
Minimum Hiring Standards:
- Represent Pinkerton’s core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Coordinate the management of client service calls;
- Ensure clients are contacted at least monthly to ensure quality service delivery.
- Address client inquiries/concerns in a timely manner.
- Participate in business development activities.
- Negotiate and prepare client contracts as directed by the Region Managing Director or Vice President.
- Analyze monthly profit and loss statements;
- Communicate with Pinkerton leadership regarding trends relative to fixed and variable costs and financial impact of present and anticipated business activity.
- Periodically review records and other financial data that impacts revenue growth and profitability.
- Hire, orient, and supervise investigators and support staff as appropriate to ensure the smooth, efficient and profitable operation of field office.
- Train and/or oversee the training of all staff members; ensure proper documentation.
- Manage the field office in the absence of the Region Managing Director or Vice President.
- May supervise, conduct interviews, plan, assign, and direct work;
- Coach and appraise performance; reward and discipline employees, address issues and resolve concerns.
- Assist in developing the annual budget.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a Reifezeugnis/Abitur certificate.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company’s pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in Germany.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor’s degree with ten years of security services experience.
Competencies (As Demonstrated Through Experience, Training, and/or Testing):
Working Conditions (Physical/Mental Demands):
- Advanced knowledge of industry practices and ability to consistently apply company Service Delivery Standards.
- Strong financial skills including; P&L, forecasting, and budget analysis.
- Ability to analyze complex data and develop innovative recommendations and solutions.
- Excellent planning, organizing, and project management skills.
- Able to develop business leads into new client relationships.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships through a trusted risk advisor approach.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
- Serve as an effective team leader.
- Able to monitor, coach, and develop team and individual performance expectations.
- Effectively manage PDP (Pinkerton Dedicated Professionals) through active communication, appropriate conflict resolution, and on-going skill enhancement/training.
- Able to facilitate progressive change within and external/internal environments.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations
- Handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Regular computer usage.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees, customers, and others.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel, as needed.