| JOB SUMMARY: The Director manages the day-to-day operations of the Pinkerton Tokyo field office and supports the Region Managing Director on administrative, sales, client satisfaction/penetration, and employee development.|
The Essential Functions Include:
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
Minimum Hiring Standards:
- Represent Pinkerton’s core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Coordinate client service calls;
- Contact clients at least monthly to ensure quality service delivery.
- Address inquiries/concerns in a timely manner.
- Serve as a trusted advisor; anticipate needs and provide proactive recommendations.
- Participate in business development activities.
- Negotiate and prepare client contracts, as directed by the Region Managing Director.
- Analyze monthly profit and loss statements;
- Communicate with the Region Managing Director regarding trends relative to fixed and variable costs and financial impact of present and anticipated business activity.
- Periodically review records and other financial data that impacts revenue growth and profitability.
- Hire, orient, and supervise support staff as appropriate to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the field office.
- Plan, assign, supervise, and direct work;
- Effectively manage PDPs (Pinkerton Dedicated Professionals) and part-time employees through active communication and on-going skill development.
- Assist in the of the annual budget process.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must be an High School/Upper Secondary Graduate or equivalent.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company’s pre-employment screening process, including drug testing and background investigation.
- Must meet the country’s age requirement.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in Japan.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred in a related field with seven or more years of progressively responsible experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
Competencies (As Demonstrated Through Experience, Training, and/or Testing):
Working Conditions (Physical/Mental Demands):
- Advanced knowledge of industry practices and ability to consistently apply the company’s Service Delivery Standards.
- Strong financial skills including; P&L, forecasting, and budget analysis.
- Ability to analyze complex data and develop innovative recommendations and solutions.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Able to develop business-to-business leads into new client relationships.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships through a trusted risk advisor approach.
- Serve as an effective team leader.
- Able to monitor, coach, and develop team and individual performance expectations.
- Able to facilitate progressive change within and external/internal environments.
- Effective communication skills, at all levels within the organization, and across diverse cultures.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations
- Handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Regular computer usage.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees, customers, and others.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel, as needed.