• Four (4) year college degree or an equivalent combination of education and related security industry experience required;
• Applicants must have prior security management experience, retail shopping center environment highly preferred;
• Prior retail security/public safety/law enforcement experience with command level roles a plus;
• Prefer candidates with experience managing multiple accounts over a diverse geographical area;
• Previous or current experience living and working in the Southern California market is preferred;
• ASIS Board Certified Protection Professional (CPP) highly preferred.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use both hands, is constantly required to talk and hear (effectively communicate verbally in person and via regular telephone equipment in English), and must be able to read computer screens, and both read and create correspondence and reports in English. Must be able to write handwritten reports in clear, legible English;
• The employee must frequently sit at a desk, frequently stand and walk, occasionally stoop and/or bend, and frequently reach with both hands and arms;
• Must be able to drive a vehicle (have valid state license to do so as well as physical ability to do so);
• The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. May be required to climb stairs on an intermittent basis (such as when visiting a branch or client location);
• The job is generally performed in an office setting; however, during site visits the employee may be subject to adverse conditions such as rain, cold or heat for short periods of time;
• The ambient noise level is usually quiet, consisting of normal conversations, business machines (copiers, printers, etc.) and telephones, but occasionally may be above-normal for portions of the workday;
• The employee must be able to work a regular full-time schedule, and must be able to work more than a standard 40 hour, Monday-Friday schedule as required by business needs (i.e., must have flexibility and willingness to work the amount of time required to meet expectations for the position, which may regularly be an additional 10+ hours per week, including some evening and weekend hours);
• The employee must be able to concentrate on details, work under deadline pressures, apply sound logic and judgment, and prioritize tasks and responsibilities. Must also be able to effectively handle high stress situations, calmly respond to others in tense or difficult conversations, diffuse potentially hostile situations, and recognize when and how to de-escalate aggressive or unprofessional behavior from others while avoiding in engaging in such oneself;
• Must be able to focus and multi-task in busy environment, with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner;
• The employee must be able to maintain a professional image, including exhibiting good personal hygiene, neat and well-groomed appearance, and appropriate business attire;
• Must be able to abide by Company’s zero-tolerance drug/alcohol policy, not be under the influence of drugs (prescription or illegal) or alcohol to any degree while on duty, and report prescription drug use if such has the possibility of affecting job performance in any manner.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 140,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: 866.825.5433 or www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans.
Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.