Join one of the fastest growing security companies in the U.S.! Since 1998, Sunstates Security has established a reputation for providing excellent customer service and quality work environments while being recently recognized as one of the top 25 largest security providers in America. At Sunstates Security, we're committed to hiring, developing and retaining a diverse and exceptionally qualified workforce. As a result, our employees are skilled, knowledgeable and dedicated to providing clients… [more] with flawless security service and the peace of mind that comes with it.
We work hard to recruit and to retain the best and the brightest people for each client and every site location. We instill in our employees the Sunstates promise to provide a safe, disciplined and friendly work environment with an opportunity for career advancement.
If you're searching for a career with challenging and rewarding opportunities, we invite you to explore the possibilities at Sunstates Security. As a proactive security partner for some of the country's leading companies and organizations, we provide careers for talented people to become part of a successful, growing company.
Job Skills / Requirements
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Business Development Manager will directly support the organic sales efforts in the Houston region, while generating leads and closing new business to fulfill company goals. The Business Development Manager will work extensively on building market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating and closing relationships while continuously improving the company’s strategic business development and marketing efforts in their regional market. We are looking for… [more] candidates with five or more years of proven industry sales related experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Identify decision makers such as security directors, facility managers, property managers and other “C Level” management personnel.
• Analyze local market and/or sales territory to identify market opportunities, industry trends etc.
• Prospect new customers through telephone solicitation, “cold or warm” calling and other initiatives.
• Develop and present proposals to potential clients.
• Negotiate and finalize new contracts for service and work with other departments to ensure smooth account implementation and start-up.
• Develop “pipeline” relationships to foster future generation of sales and company reputation in the industry.
• Maintain and organize current prospect lists, notes regarding the status and an evaluation of the attractiveness or immediacy of the prospect or lead.
• Positively and professionally represent the company at trade shows, industry events etc.
• Meet regularly with customers to assess their level of satisfaction and needs.
• Develop, maintain, evaluate and improve business relations with customers.
• Investigate and provide solutions for prospective clients as needed, maintaining sensitivity and confidentiality at all times.
• Utilize and maintain Salesforce database for client information, prospecting and reporting.
• Ensure all activities fall within established budgetary guidelines.
• Possess excellent mathematical skills and use of Excel spreadsheets in order to complete comprehensive pricing models.
Additional Responsibilities -
• Develop and maintain positive relations with other departments within the company in order to promote cohesiveness among various departments with varying goals.
• Must perform multiple, fast-paced job functions highly independently, utilizing effective time management skills, under limited or no supervision following minimal pre-established guidelines.
• Ability to make quick and effective decisions, evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
• Strong technological capabilities including proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Continuously seek improvements to core functional areas.
• Follow all established company rules and guidelines.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.
Bachelor's Degree from 4 year college/university
Additional Information / Benefits
Only candidates who meet our rigorous employment standards and who are excellent matches for open positions are invited to join our security team.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and supporter of our military veterans!
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Educational Assistance
Screening Requirements: Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, Credit Check