Supervises the daily activity of departmental personnel and ensures operating needs are met. Assists department Manager in providing oversight of the Firm office space to ensure a safe and secure environment for conducting business. Provides problem-solving assistance and participates in department projects including Emergency Response/Crisis Management procedures and theft investigations. Collaborates with building management on various matters, including organizing security cameras and surveillance.
- Oversees the daily activity of Security staff to ensure that the day to day security function is effectively and timely delivered in accordance with firm business requirements and industry standards.
- Maintains current knowledge of security technology, surveillance procedures, security issues as well as trends that impact operations.
- Assesses and implements various safety initiatives and enhancements for the Washington, DC Office, in accordance with security industry best practices.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with local law and federal law enforcement, and fire protection agencies.
- Interacts with building management and security vendors in monitoring and maintaining security equipment and technology (e.g., fire alarms, HVAC emergency turn-off, fire extinguishers, AEDs, etc.).
- Conducts detailed security risk assessments and produces reports on findings. Prevents or mitigates risks while responsibly managing and protecting significant firm assets.
- Conducts and effectively documents internal investigations with regard to criminal, disciplinary, and other matters, as appropriate.
- Intervenes to resolve problems that arise from security-related breaches.
- Assists the department Manager in maintaining Emergency Response/Crisis Management/Disaster Plan and serves on the Crisis Management Committee.
- Assists department Manager in the event of an emergency or natural disaster to ensure a coordinated and professionally managed approach to the safety and security of the Washington, DC office.
- Assists the department Manager, in conjunction with NY Office Security Director, to develop and implement training programs in safety, security, disaster preparedness, and other related topics (e.g., CPR/AED) for Washington, DC Office personnel.
- Ensures appropriate staffing levels for assigned department. Interviews and selects candidates and conducts training for assigned staff on industry-specific and department processes.
- Assists in developing and monitoring the department budget.
- Current knowledge of industry best practices, trends, and techniques.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) with the ability to learn new software and operating systems.
- Knowledge and implementation of the annual budget process.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates close attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills.
- Ability to effectively supervise others and employ coaching and problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to administer Firm policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and delegate effectively.
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team.
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment.
- Flexibility to travel and adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs.