Allied Universal is hiring a Client Area Manager to oversee security operations for one of the world's leading academic and research institutions in downtown Chicago. The Client Area Manager will oversee a team of six managers that oversee day to day operations while partnering and communicating extensively with the University's Police Department and internal clients.
- Lead and assist the team of managers that are overseeing the day-to-day operations
- Manage a team of Security Professionals, site and/or shift supervisors including hiring/selection, scheduling, payroll, training, coaching, development and support
- Ensure the University is provided with high quality security services to protect people and property
- Build, improve and maintain effective relationships with both client and employees
- Coordinate necessary support services to effectively manage client site to meet or exceed financial and operational goals and provide quality customer service
- Manage oversight of weekly operating schedules and completion of payroll for assigned security personnel
- Provides after-hour emergency response as required.
- Ensure all required reporting and contract compliance requirements are met
- Assure regular communication of issues or program with client
- Handle any escalated security issues or emergency situations appropriately
- Other management responsibilities as determined by Client or General Manager
- Communicate staffing needs via Requisition Form; assist operations team in identifying, interviewing and hiring quality candidates
- Develop staff in both technical and professional skills through performance management (coaching, counseling, disciplining, training, annual formal performance evaluations, recognition, etc.)
- Assure that employee grievances are heard and resolved (with help from appropriate support employees, as required) and that personnel records are updated and accurate
- Assure communication of policies, company announcements and job openings
- Meet all contractual scheduled hours with a minimum of unbilled overtime
- Coordinate and/or conduct site-specific OJT, client-specific training, and annual refresher training for security personnel, as well as meet Allied Universal's corporate training standards
- Develop / maintain operational procedures so that a valid, site-specific OPM and post orders are always available for emergency reference by the security staff
- Manage uniforms, equipment, supplies and vehicles utilized at the account(s), maintaining appropriate inventories and maintenance checklists
- Take a proactive role in communicating with the client and meeting his needs; meet with regularly, listen to issues, provide security and technical expertise and solutions.
- Capably utilize WinTeam for scheduling and billing, and to produce reports (such as Scheduling Activity, invoice Aging by tiers, Training Summary and Training Detail reports) that require interpretation and action for effective business management.