The following Career Opportunity is currently available within Chesapeake Utilities Corporation.
Position: Security Operations Specialist
Location: Middletown, DE
Responsible for exhibiting Chesapeake Utilities Corporation’s Mission, Vision and Values, regarding external customers, agencies, vendors, internal departments and co-workers.
Security Operations Specialist develop security policies, prepare reports, install security devices and ensure that personnel are adhering to required policies and practices. This position is responsible for keeping facilities and people safe and secure and also for overseeing security procedures, monitoring and responding to incidents, screening visitors and guests, securing entrances, and conducting security checks. This position is also responsible for assessing risks and providing solutions to mitigate them.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Security Operations Specialist supervise and inspect the installation of access control, CCTV and other security system equipment. Oversee maintenance, repair, testing and installation of access control, security system hardware, software, card readers, electronic locking hardware, linear power supplies and uninterrupted power supply (UPS) systems. Reviews drawings and specification of access control/ security systems of new construction and renovations projects. Support the constructability assessments for construction and renovations projects.
- Manages the development of plans and the implementation of security and life/safety programs to maintain and/or improve the level of security at all Chesapeake Utilities properties.
- Manages and maintains knowledge of the latest state of the art security equipment. Recommends purchases of security equipment. Assists with the development and maintenance of an executive protection program. Recommends and maintains home alarm systems at senior executive residences. Manages operational procedures and training programs for all uniformed contract security officers.
- Manages the planning of security protection for company special events.
- Proactively monitor and disseminate information identifying and anticipating emerging security threats, trends, and events which could impact company personnel, assets, information, and reputation. Deliver threat briefings as needed.
- Responsible for developing an enterprise-wide business continuity program, for overseeing the maintenance and testing of that program, and for leading the corporate emergency preparedness program. Participates in the department's information security, business continuity, disaster recovery and safety programs.
- Prepare and disseminate written intelligence reports, assessments, advisories, and forecasts analyzing global, regional, or country-specific security threats, risks, trends, and developments which may impact the company. Provide rapid assessments of breaking security situations, sensitive developments, and complex issues as needed.
- Review facilities designs regarding where sensitive materials are located and employee work. Evaluate existing security procedures and apply appropriate security standards.
- Assist or lead security and/or safety awareness training for personnel. Recommend actions to avoid conditions conducive to threats such as vandalism, terrorism or theft.
- Conducts investigations and fact finding reviews where breaches occur within the security program and recommends corrective action plans to ensure mitigation activities are enacted and results achieved.
- Develops and delivers security based presentations utilizing various tools to train others, communicate information and leverage better business decisions.
- Stays current in regard to industrial security practices, trends and technologies and maintains the site security program to the level of expectation desired by the corporation and site leadership.
- Develops relationships and serves as the corporate liaison to public safety agencies including, but not limited to; law enforcement, fire departments, emergency medical responders, as well as local and state emergency management and homeland security.
- Will be required to perform "on call" duty (24 hour) as part of a rotating schedule to respond to emergency situations must be able to respond to after normal business hour emergencies and incidents as needed, and on short notice.
- Work closely with city, state and federal law enforcement personnel. Utilize state of the art physical security and protection principles, methods and techniques, related to complex Intrusion Detection Systems, Program Protection, Alarm, CCTV, Access Control Systems, and Pass and ID System.
- Develop detailed plans, schedules and programs for ongoing security operations. Develop and administer a security budget, daily work schedules and operating procedures.
- Maintains Corporate Security online resources – webpages displaying Security information and SharePoint sites.
- Establishes working relationships with corporate business units.