The following Career Opportunity is currently available within Chesapeake Utilities Corporation.
Position: Physical Security Specialist
Location: Middletown, DE
Responsible for exhibiting Chesapeake Utilities Corporation’s Mission, Vision and Values, regarding external customers, agencies, vendors, internal departments and co-workers.
The Physical Security Specialists develop security policies, prepare reports, install security devices and ensure that personnel are adhering to required policies and practices. Physical Security Specialists are responsible for keeping facilities and people safe and secure. They oversee security procedures, monitor and respond to incidents, screen visitors and guests, secure entrances, and conduct security checks. They are also responsible for assessing risks and providing solutions to mitigate them.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Conduct physical security and risk vulnerability inspections, evaluate and provide recommendations.
- Review facilities designs regarding where sensitive materials are located.
- Evaluate existing security procedures. Apply appropriate security standards.
- Develop and execute physical security standards and procedures.
- Train and supervise security personnel.
- Assist or lead security and/or safety awareness training for personnel.
- Recommend actions to avoid conditions conducive to threats such as vandalism, terrorism or theft.
- Evaluate clearances for management and personnel according to the information and property they may access.
- Support the constructability assessments for new projects.
- Provide security training for corporate staff.
- Conduct physical security assessments and reviews.
- Work closely with city, state and federal law enforcement personnel.
- Utilize state of the art physical security and protection principles, methods and techniques, related to complex Intrusion Detection Systems, Program Protection, Alarm, CCTV, Access Control Systems, and Pass and ID System.
- Develop detailed plans, schedules and programs for ongoing security operations.
- Develop and administered a security budget, daily work schedules, operating procedures as well as performance evaluations.