Arizona State University is recruiting an Access & University Security Initiatives Executive Director to join their team in Tempe, Arizona.
About ASU and the position:
Arizona State University, ranked No.1 “Most Innovative School” in the nation in 2017 by U.S. News & World Report for the second year in a row and is a designated Elite 100 World University, has forged the model for a New American University. ASU is a comprehensive public research institution measured, not by whom it excludes, but by whom it includes and how they succeed, advancing research and discovery of public value and assuming fundamental responsibility for the economic, social, cultural and overall health of the communities it serves. Through innovation and a commitment to accessibility, ASU has drawn pioneering researchers to its faculty even as it expands opportunities for qualified students, attracting some of the highest caliber students from all 50 states and 130 nations.
This is your opportunity to Rise to the Challenge. ASU seeks a proven leader; one that can create and execute vision, engage cross functional leadership spanning four campuses, and continually innovate to achieve a culture of excellence in physical safety and security. The Executive Director for Access & University Security Initiatives will lead the planning, organizing, directing and coordination of a comprehensive campus safety and physical security program for the University. It will incorporate policy development and management, emergency management and preparedness, physical security assessments and management, door access and video monitoring, and vendor management. This role reports to the Associate Vice President University Business Services.
Candidates with executive-level skills in influencing, collaboration, management, communication, project management, physical security, risk management, and customer service who continually drive innovation, value delivery and excellence are encouraged to apply.
Overview of responsibilities:
- Develop and administer a comprehensive campus safety and security program including security policies and enforcement as they support and correspond with the University's mission.
- Work collaboratively with ASU Police Department and Chief to ensure continuity and coordination of projects, programs, initiatives, and operations.
- Provide direction and oversight of Emergency Management, University Business Services (Card Access) and Physical Security units to ensure all campus safety and security standards are being met and that the needs of the university community are addressed.
- Provide direction and oversight for all security policy/procedures; develops and recommends policies for implementation as appropriate/needed.
- Provide direction and oversight for ASU physical security of campus buildings with mission-critical security devices including but not limited to: access control, duress/intrusion alarms, and cameras, and oversight for distributed access management and system support.
- Provide direction and oversight for the Integrated System for ASU Access Control (ISAAC), Transaction Services; provides direction and oversight of Physical Security Assessments developing and providing reports as appropriate.
- Implement strategies for installing video cameras in public places (malls, parking lots/structures); reviews and approves new camera requests by departments.
- Serve on the Emergency Operations Executive Leadership team; represents Emergency management on campus, in the local community and serves a central role in establishing and maintaining strong collaborative relationships with university constituents and local, regional, state, federal agencies.