The Regional Security Advisor provides operational support and advice to the Regional Security Manager for provision of the client’s Regional Security, in accordance with policy, strategy, and allocated budgetary constraints.
Minimum Hiring Standards:
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a Reifezeugnis/Abitur certificate or equivalent.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company’s pre-employment screening process, which may include drug testing and background investigation.
- Must meet the country’s age requirements.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in Germany.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Essential Functions Include:
- Represent Pinkerton’s core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Provide operational support in the evaluation, development, and execution of regional site security strategies including oversight of agents/vendors to ensure project contracts and deadlines are meet and/or exceeded;
- Assist with the security vetting of individuals, teams, and vendors to ensure compliance with the client’s policies.
- Ensure clearly defined tasks are assigned, address development needs through training/coaching, and encourage collaboration in order to meet expectations.
- Support the development of external service optimization and ensure the process is fair and transparent.
- Complete on-site visits, as directed by the Regional Security Manager (RSM), to confirm the quality of site security survey plans and risk/threat analysis, security assessments, and training awareness programs.
- Coordinate risk/threat assessment reviews, as delegated by the RSM, at all levels, to review resource/project management and resolve internal and external issues/concerns.
- Assist the RSM in providing a business sustainable crisis incident network in support of all managers across the organization.
- Liaise, as directed by the RSM, with governmental, consular and private sector agencies within the region to protect and enhance the client’s security program and business accountabilities;
- Serve as a highly knowledgeable resource for the client’s Global and Regional Security teams as they actively seek and respond to requests of assistance from local law enforcement agencies.
- Maintain a strong communication network to include agencies with expertise in crisis management, risk assessment to terrorist threat, personal protection, and CBRN to protect the client’s employees, customers, and infrastructure.
- Assist the RSM with the implementation of contingency plans for the immediate resolution of strategic and tactical applications related to regional security standards, policy and procedures.
- Assist in the implementation of effective security operations to ensure the safety of the client’s personnel and their customers during the planning and preparation of all travel and business-related exhibitions.
- Provide feedback regarding intelligence gathered for protection of the highest security threat and emergency/contingency planning for the client’s stakeholders, executives, and employees.
- Provide support in determining the requirements for overt/covert surveillance commensurate with customer requirements, both internal and external;
- Assess the need for close protection activity and determine the appropriate resource.
- Support established exercise programs to enhance knowledge and practical abilities regarding local legislation and procedures to ensure compliance and enhance customer confidence.
- Support the RSM in maintaining internal and external teams and business group networks that demonstrate and encourage a positive ‘can do’ attitude to enable the achievement of the client’s business objectives and efficiency;
- Actively support cross-functional group processes, programs, and projects.
- Collaborate with other Regional Security Advisors to ensure no duplication of work including internal/external training, project management, and strategic and/or tactical policies.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Bachelor's degree and five or more years of security management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.