Position: Business Development Manager
Business Unit: Corporate Security Services
Company: STEELE Corporate Security Services
Location: San Francisco Bay Area with 30% travel to visit clients, close business, and attend industry events
Reports to: Regional Director
Compensation: $80,000-$120,000 base salary plus a significant, uncapped Performance Bonus (average annual range $100-300K) and a discretionary bonus based on individual and company performance, plus medical, dental and vision benefits along with 401K matching.
End-Users: Interaction with Directors of Corporate Security at Fortune 2000 clients
Considerations: Must be self-driven and independent with experience in entrepreneurial, fast-paced company culture
We are seeking an accomplished, polished Business Development Manager (BDM) that has sales and business experience with a private security firm or corporate security department. This is an outside business development role focused on the acquisition and development of new clients as well as managing and growing the relationship with existing clients within an assigned geographic region. This role is client-facing and will require travel in the domestic United States and Mexico. The candidate must have prior sales experience in the corporate security and man-guarding industry and have a track record of successfully hitting sales targets by cold calling prospects, developing leads into new accounts, and growing existing accounts. The BDM is expected to initiate and regularly liaison with senior security executives and management from Fortune 2000 clients to expand our relationship and ensure client satisfaction. The successful candidate will have a personal presence that immediately communicates confidence, capability and peace of mind.
STEELE CSS is a client-centric organization where client service and satisfaction are everything. Our team of corporate security professionals’ success is tied to competence, professionalism, customer service and responsiveness. We provide clients with professional services in very high-touch, high-visibility areas of their business and often for the most senior company executives where the physical security risks are real and significant, and the nature of our businesses leaves little or no room for error, so discretion and details really matter. This is a great opportunity for a long-term career with a well-respected company that has innovated and led the executive security vertical as a standard-setter.
- Target and sell services to potential STEELE CSS clients and expand current accounts by evaluating their business needs. This includes researching, cold calling and assessing.
- Map client organization to understand decision making
- Qualify leads and move opportunities through the sales process
- Maximize attendance at key industry conferences
Close New Business
- Scope prospective engagements, write proposals and negotiate project contracts
- Manage the pursuit and proposal process and be accountable for effective sales presentations of STEELE CSS’ capabilities and products to prospects and clients
- Collaborate with Operations to respond to RFPs
- Facilitate client meetings and serve as a value proposition expert
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales goals
- Become a trusted advisor/partner with clients by providing timely response to client inquiries, support, information, and guidance
- Identify and recommend new opportunities and ensure client satisfaction
- Uncover referrals and expand the sales network by leveraging client relationships
- Proactively solicit client needs to expand STEELE CSS’ presence within the client organization
- Lead sales forecasting and planning exercises with the client
- Coordinate the involvement of operations, legal and finance to support client needs
- Ongoing management of account, including collaboration with finance to ensure prompt collections
- Maintain a strong record of communication and document organization within Salesforce CRM