• Job Title: Corporate Investigator • Department: Operations • Location (City/State): Seattle, WA • Employment Type: Full time
Security Industry Specialists, Inc. (SIS) provides security solutions to some of the most recognized companies and brands in the world. We deliver services that consistently exceed those of our peers. We accomplish this through innovation, constant process improvement, and an uncompromising commitment to hiring, retaining, and rewarding the best talent available.
The Corporate Investigator is responsible for investigating reports of internal theft, vandalism, fraud, threats and workplace violence. The Corporate Investigator utilizes technology, analysis, interviewing and assessment techniques to protect and safeguard personnel, information and assets. Investigations range from routine to moderately complex. Corporate Investigators work as a team, providing expertise and resources to local security personnel involving locations and security personnel across the globe, and are expected to embrace the concepts of continuous process improvement, innovation and shared risk management. This position reports directly to the Corporate Investigations Operations Manager.
In this role, you will:
• Analyze CCTV video, access control systems and other data collection capabilities, in response to incidents in order to identify behaviors, root causes, locations, potential evidence, and/or person(s) involved. • Organize, prioritize and investigate multiple incidents, as part of a growing caseload, with overlapping deadlines and client imposed priorities. • Collect, document and preserve video, still images, documents, and other materials connected to an investigation and maintain it as part of the investigations workflow and case adjudication process. • Conduct interviews of victims, witnesses and persons of interest utilizing established interviewing techniques and skills specific to corporate investigations • Conduct investigations related to threats originating from external sources outside the company, and internal incidents and issues such as theft of client assets or intellectual property, vandalism, and workplace violence or threats of violence or suicide. • Utilize a structured investigative workflow and case management system to track and close investigations and analyze trends and patterns in order to identify causation, mitigate loss, and change processes to prevent future incidents. • Possess highly developed written and verbal communication skills, clear and precise writing skills, effective interpersonal skills - the ability to empathize and verbally connect with people during both stressful and non-stressful situations, while facilitating the accurate recollection of conversations, interactions and observations using non-threatening, non-coercive questioning and open ended conversation. • Participate in training and mentoring opportunities, be willing to share knowledge with co-workers, and provide training to others for those skills and/or knowledge areas you have achieved a journeyman level or better competency. • Be able to conduct and manage investigations utilizing both automated and manual tools, such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat DC, Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Bridge, Microsoft Word, Lenel, Amazon Chime, Microsoft Outlook, and a cloud-based case management system. • Be able to pass a background investigation • Complete and maintain a Washington State Guard Certification - all documentation and fees are the responsibility of the employee unless otherwise noted. • Be able to obtain and maintain a Private Investigator’s license for the State of Washington - all documentation and fees are the responsibility of the employee unless otherwise noted. • Compile and publish case management metrics • Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will:
• Have a Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) • Have 4+ Years’ experience working in the Corporate Investigations, Law Enforcement, Security Operations, Incident Management or related field • Be able to write and speak Spanish fluently • Have familiarity with the ASIS Professional Investigator’s Manual and the (ASIS) ANSI Standard for Investigations. • Have prior experience in conducting in depth and complex corporate, product, and/or vendor investigations • Have developed investigative and analytical skills specific to a corporate high-tech environment, including CCTV video review and preservation, an understanding of Chain of Custody, and knowledge of the methods of investigation. • Be willing to learn new methods and approaches to seemingly familiar problems/situations • Have experienced the benefits, and understands the value, of being a team player in a corporate culture that relies on diversity and shared goals to break through obstacles and solve problems; and how one individual, who doesn’t understand or embrace these values, can undermine, divide and derail their team’s motivation and effectiveness. • ATAP Certified Threat Manager (Desired) and/or a familiarity and experience with the investigation of workplace violence cases/issues/incidents utilizing the wavr-21 approach to risk assessment. • Have experience using the Wicklander-Zulawksi interview methods (Preferred, but not required). • Have experience using a variety of software, including open source databases, web browsers, remote desktop, BriefCam, and Sharepoint.
All applicants for this position, who pass the initial requirements screening, will be required to successfully complete a written exercise in order to be considered for an interview.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of this job. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, requirements, skills, and standards required to perform essential job functions.
What we can offer:
• $67-76,000/year • Health, Dental, Vision, and 401k • Paid Time Off including Sick/Safe Time • A dynamic and challenging work environment with opportunity for growth • ORCA Card for eligible employees
• SIS is an equal opportunity employer • Private Security Guard Company #729 • Private Investigative Agency #1760
Internal Number: 18-1066
About Security Industry Specialists
Security Industry Specialists (SIS) provides security solutions to some of the most recognized companies and brands in the world. We deliver services that consistently exceed those of our peers. We accomplish this through innovation, constant process improvement, and through an uncompromising commitment to hiring, retaining and rewarding the best talent available.