The Senior Security Operations Manager (SSOM) is responsible for management of the Security Operations program, comprised of managing global security guarding functions, the security operations center, security operations metrics, branch liaison tasks, personnel, and key security operations projects. Direct reports include field-based Regional Security Managers and headquarters program management resources, to include Operations Program Managers, Operations Coordinators, Background Screening Project Managers, and Security Operations personnel. The SSOM is accountable for datacenter security operations service delivery, enhancing safety culture, driving process innovation across the program, and staff development. The SSOM advances operational security and needs of the business while collaborating with the client, Securitas business divisions, associate contractors, global business partners, and other supporting teams. This position reports directly to the Director of Security.
1. Work under supervision of the Securitas Director of Security and with the client management team to develop and execute corporate objectives. 2. Manage global security operations related to guarding and security operation center functions. Work collaboratively with branch and embedded resources to maintain quality and service to support the client relationship and SOP compliance. 3. Define the performance metrics used to measure success of the security and safety processes. Report these metrics on a routine cadence to drive program quality and compliance. Measure the effectiveness of the processes and the achievement of objectives. 4. Assess the current safety posture and align the organization to diverse safety objectives, working to develop, communicate, and implement the appropriate and effective Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) processes and procedures. 5. Analyze plans and processes to correct “gaps” and provide executable, innovative plans to remedy. 6. Develop appropriate team engagement, training strategies, and tactics. Define team goals and objectives. 7. Drive security operations excellence and innovation across global datacenter security operations with programmatic oversight. 8. Manage audit compliance and standardization. Ensure quality control of security documentation. Maintain audit readiness for client sites. 9. Foster client relationships and collaboration with organizational and cross-functional teams through excellent customer service. Manage and develop associate contractor business partnerships. 10. Work with the Training & Development team to ensure best operational practices. Optimize and implement innovative training in partnership with cross-functional teams. Mentor the team and implement succession planning to support future growth.
• The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity. • All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions. • Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein. • In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions. • All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
COMPETENCIES (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
• Highly motivated, energetic, self-directed individual with analytical and problem-solving skills. • Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, sharing technical concepts to a varied audience. • Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations. • Effective leadership of team service delivery and development across a global environment. • Ability to adapt to new and changing environments. • Ability to exercise independent judgment and decision-making skills. • High attention to detail. • Comfortable presenting information to large audiences both online and in-person. • Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures. • Strong customer and results orientation.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS:
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include: • Required ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently. • Computer usage, which may include prolonged periods of data analysis. • Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information. • Regular talking and hearing. • May be required to use vehicle in the performance of duties. • Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds, and occasionally up to 25 pounds. • Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus. • Must be available for extensive domestic and international travel, up to 30% of the time
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS:
• Must be at least 18 years of age. • Must have a reliable means of communication, such as cell phone. • Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private). • Must hold or be able to obtain a valid driver’s license or equivalent. • Must have the legal right to work in the country where the position is located. • Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English proficiently. • Must have a high school diploma, secondary education equivalent, or GED. • Must be willing to participate in the Company’s pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
• 10 years of security operations-related experience required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job. • 5-7 years management experience. • Professional certifications preferred (CPP). • Datacenter experience preferred. • Bachelor of Science/Arts or equivalent in relevant field. • Contract security vendor experience a plus. • Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, primarily PowerPoint and Microsoft SharePoint.
• Have a current passport or be able to obtain one. • Able to travel (international or domestic, as required) approximately 50% of the time or more, occasionally with limited notice. • Able to work evening or weekend hours when required, such as during an emergency event or crisis.