The Security Specialist will be responsible for the management of a Corporate Access Control and Intelligent Video System for the US region.
Additional duties include, but are not limited to Alarm management and maintenance for access control and video, maintaining security locks and key way systems and supporting other Security Control Room Tasks.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Installation and day to day maintenance & design reviews of access control and video systems to include, but not limited to; maintenance of IT systems, proper functionality of card readers, security panels, door hardware, IP and Analog video cameras, Network Video Recorders and Storage devices.
• Managing access control/video reports upon requests and data mining for alarm reduction in Malta and other US remote sites.
• Develop and update required site security specifications including, but not limited to; access control, intelligent video, door hardware, and site cabling. • Coordinate and install video cameras and analytics on a complex intelligent video system. • Perform testing and programming of access control, video and visitor software programs.
• Perform/Maintain database backups and file maintenance for access control and video systems.
· Diagnose and troubleshoot complex network connectivity, software and hardware issues
· Work with various integrators and design personnel to plan and implement new security equipment installations.
· Perform software updates and patching.
· Assist with various security related investigations.
· Repair and replace door hardware associated with access control doors, and manage repair efforts without outside vendors when required.
· Manage and maintain site wide keyway systems including change locks, order supplies and repair locks.
· Two-year technical associates degree in Science, Math, and Engineering, Semiconductor Manufacturing or a related discipline/equivalent military training/experience.
· Minimum of six years experience with installation and maintenance of complex security
· Willing and able to travel as needed (approximately 10%)
· Bachelor’s degree in Science, Math, and Engineering, Semiconductor Manufacturing or a related discipline/equivalent military training/experience.
· Windows certification, Access Control and Intelligent Video software Administrator certifications
· Understanding or experience with an Enterprise Access Control System.
· Familiarity with reading and editing AutoCAD drawings.
· Equipment or process maintenance in semiconductor manufacturing.
· Minimum of ten years’ experience with installation and maintenance of complex security systems including Access Control and Video Systems.
· Detailed knowledge and work experience with OSHA, EPA, and NYS regulations surrounding life safety systems.
· The ability to operate computer and system interface programs to ensure appropriate computing and analysis of alarm systems including producing alarm metrics.
· Ability to work at times with a flexible work schedule including nights and weekends and extended workdays.
· Willing to work independently and with a highly motivated team on related projects or assignments.
· Demonstrate the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize activities.
· Experience in a Semiconductor manufacturing facility preferred.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
Internal Number: 20002320
Changing the world from the inside out
Join the team that’s moving the world forward.
What makes GLOBALFOUNDRIES different? Our advanced operational and technology capabilities are made available through a global manufacturing network, anchored by facilities in Singapore, Dresden (Germany), Burlington (Vermont) as well as East Fishkill and Malta (New York).
At GLOBALFOUNDRIES, we make things that matter — from the solutions that enable the way we live today, to the technologies that drive what’s possible for tomorrow.
Our people bring this power to life. A diverse and global team representing the best in the industry, we are united by our dedication to excellence and our desire to improve and empower the world.