Overview of position: Summary of position's responsibilities
A Contractual Security Guard is responsible for the:
1. Guarding buildings, grounds, parking areas on campus
2. Perform watch posts and periodic rounds inside and outside of the college's facilities.
3. Perform key tours and building checks.
4. Maintain logs for visitors and personnel.
5. Post flags and related duties.
6. Enforce agency rules and regulations.
7. Patrol campuses, reporting suspected crimes, accidents or questionable or suspicious situations and activities.
8. Write detailed reports.
9. Issue College ID's and assists with basic office functions operating equipment such as telephones and copiers.
10. Send and receive radio communications including serving as a dispatcher as required.
11. Perform parking enforcement and traffic control functions.
12. Answer and reset fire alarms.
13. Provide occasional driving services.
Internal Number: 2020-090
About Baltimore City Community College
As the only community college in Baltimore City, and the only State-sponsored community college in Maryland, we enroll more Baltimore City residents than any other college or university in the state. For over 70 years, the College has served as a gateway to higher education. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities at all levels to the citizens of Baltimore City, the State of Maryland, and other countries.