$17.57/hr - $26.36/hr, based on education & experience
In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
You have a place in the health care industry. If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference - and real change in the health care industry - you belong at Banner Health. Apply today.
As the Security Officer Tactical, you will be working at the Emergency Department at Northern Colorado Medical Center in Greeley, CO. You will monitor and assess situations and determine appropriate responses while utilizing critical thinking skills in emergency and stressful situations.
This is a full time opportunity working varied hours; days or nights. Weekend rotations are required in this role. Enjoy a flat rate $1.50/hour weekend shift differential and an $4/hr-night shift differential when applicable.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position will be assigned primarily to the Emergency Department and will serve as the first responder to the most violent and dangerous security incidents occurring throughout the facility and the campus. When the incident involves anyone other than a patient, the Tactical Officer will be responsible for directing the security response the violent incidents. The tactical officer will be the primary liaison with law enforcement during critical incidences. This position will assist with patrol functions across the campus; the welfare and safety of personnel and patients; investigations of critical incidents; provide security assistance to employees, patients and visitors and secures doors as needed.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Apprehends suspects in cases of conflict, escalation or unauthorized entry into buildings and work areas, malicious mischief, or other violations. Conducts investigations and prepares investigative reports.
2. Serves as the primary point of contact with law enforcement during critical incidents.
3. Monitors and assesses situations and determining appropriate response. Utilizes critical thinking skills in emergency and stressful situations.
4. Patrols facility buildings and grounds watching for unauthorized persons, fires and unusual occurrences; and reports emergencies immediately upon discovery.
5. Utilizes verbal de-escalation techniques and advance workplace violence mitigation skills and tactical skills in security, emergency and conflict situations.
6. Investigates and completes written reports of complaints, critical security incidents and unusual activities involving patients, employees and visitors; submits all reports to the security leadership by the end of the shift in which the report occurs. Maintains an accurate log of all relevant security activities during each shift.
7. Escorts patients, visitors and employees as needed. Assists medical staff in restraining and handling disturbed patients.
8. Enforces security rules and regulations, to patrol grounds by foot or in a vehicle, to react quickly and calmly in emergency situations, to communicate effectively, and to prepare a concise incident reports. Follows instructions and follows safe work practices. Acts as a point of contact for other officers as needed.
9. Position reports directly to the Security Director. This position interacts internally with staff, physicians, visitors, volunteers and patients. External customers are law enforcement agencies and emergency service agencies. The position is system wide and officers may be assigned to work at any facility as needed. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must possess a valid driver's license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
Must possess strong knowledge and understanding of security as normally obtained by a minimum of three years of law enforcement or military experience or seven years of hospital security experience. Requires successful completion of Banner Health's Tactical Officer certification training upon hire. Requires ability to demonstrate and successfully use all required competencies annually. Must possess interpersonal skills and be customer service oriented in all contacts with patients, visitors and staff. Requires advanced critical thinking, monitoring skills and ability to quickly assess situations and determine appropriate response in escalated conflict, security and emergency situations. Must be able to demonstrate the ability to perform physical requirements of the position. Capabilities will be demonstrated through the successful completion of similarly related skills testing. Employees hired on or after January 1, 2019 will need to successfully demonstrate the physical requirements before starting in the role. Employees hired before January 1, 2019 must be able to successfully demonstrate the physical requirements by December 31, 2019. If upon initial evaluation, an employee is unable to successfully demonstrate the physical requirements, there will be a quarterly assessment administered. This physical skills assessment will then be conducted on an annual basis and employees must successfully meet the requirements to remain in role.
Prefer experience in a health care setting.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.