Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) or Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM)
General Dynamics - Applied Physical Sciences Corp.
Location: Groton, Connecticut
Type: Full Time
United States, Dollar (USD)
Internal Number: REQ 201
We are seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented ISSM or ISSO to join our team in Groton, CT to begin an exciting and rewarding career. General Dynamics Applied Physical Sciences (APS) is a growing research and development company specializing in innovative technology solutions for emerging national security challenges. Our team supports R&D for a wide variety of maritime systems including sonar systems, novel autonomous surface vessels, underwater sensing and communications systems, and payloads for unmanned underwater vehicles. At APS you will work in a small company environment where excellence is rewarded and an entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged, and you will have the chance to work with colleagues and customers that value innovation and creativity.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and process Risk Management Framework documentation to obtain Approval to Operate for Collateral and SAP information Systems.
• Serve as an ISSO and System Administrator and conduct secure computer maintenance and auditing functions. An ability to serve as an ISSM is preferred but not required.
• Configure new secure computers in accordance with DISA and JSIG requirements and the Risk Management Framework process.
• Perform other security functions as necessary to meet mission requirements.
• Work closely with our Security Manager and Security Team to maintain our security posture.
APS, a wholly owned subsidiary of the General Dynamics Corporation, offers a small company environment including competitive salary, excellent benefits, and comfortable working conditions. This position is open in the Groton, CT office. Candidates must possess a DOD security clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Protected Vet
• Four or more years of relevant security experience.
• Recent experience supporting Information Systems maintenance functions including auditing and patching.
• ISSO and or ISSM experience is preferred.
• DoD 8570 Technical Level II certification or better is required.
• Good knowledge of the DISA STIGS, NIST 800-171 and Risk Management Framework.
• Good communication skills.
Must possess a current Secret security clearance, although a Top Secret clearance is preferred.
About General Dynamics - Applied Physical Sciences Corp.
Applied Physical Sciences Corporation (APS) is a growing research and development company specializing in advanced technology solutions for emerging challenges in both national security and commercial markets.
The foundation of our problem solving approach is a fundamental understanding of physics and advanced mathematics. Applying sound engineering principles based on science, we tailor our technical solutions to meet our customers’ most critical needs.
Our laboratories and fabrication facilities provide the flexibility to rapidly build prototypes to address immediate needs as well as experiment with new advances for the future. Our employees, our partners and our customers benefit from our commitment to integrity, initiative, and innovation.
As a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics, we offer the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a small company as well as access to the extensive resources of a large corporation. On a daily basis, we live our motto: “Engineering Solutions through Science.”