All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Evening Shift
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth North Pinellas
The role you’ll contribute:
Under the direction and supervision of the Security Department's chain of command, the Security Officer I perform security services through interaction with the public, patients, and employees. Provides security at specific locations, responds to security issues, provides access assistance as requested, reports suspicious circumstances and emergencies, and completes other duties as assigned. Responsible for protection of designated areas to ensure the safety of the public, patients, employees, and property of AdventHealth. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Supports all department/organization policies and administrative decisions
• Performs all security related tasks as assigned by Supervisor, and keeps Supervisor apprised of unusual activities and events
• Acknowledges and responds to alarms, determines source of alarm and provides proper assistance
• Learns applicable systems and responds to safety needs as directed by Security leadership. Properly utilizes and maintains all issued and operated equipment. Operates radio equipment, knows and understands radio codes, and complies with all applicable laws and department policies and procedures
• Interacts with the public, customers, and other officers in a professional manner and provides assistance as directed including, but not limited to security escorts. Assists and helps coordinate special events
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
IAHSS Certificate within 6 months of hire
Applicable state driver’s license and driving record in accordance with AdventHealth policy
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.