Job Description Summary
Under the supervision of the Security Director, provide for the safety and protection of the building and premises by controlling access points, patrolling the site, monitoring activities and otherwise proactively preventing theft, illegal or unauthorized entry, vandalism and violence.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Patrol the interior and exterior premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates
* Answer alarms and investigate disturbances
* Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain the security of the premises using the on-site system, data base and procedures
* Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons or unusual occurrences
* Immediately notify the Security Director in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons and immediately report same to local Police and Fire departments
* Circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property
* Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions and provide information during non-business hours or when switchboard is closed
* Warn persons of rule infractions or violations and apprehend or evict violators from premises, using force when necessary and as instructed by the Director and pursuant to building policy and applicable laws
* May be required to operate detecting devices to screen individuals and prevent passage of prohibited articles into restricted areas
* Inspect and adjust security and life safety systems, equipment, and machinery to ensure operational use and to detect evidence of tampering
* Monitor and adjust controls that regulate building systems, such as air conditioning, furnace, or boiler
* While on post, be an ambassador for the property owner for visitors
* Assist with severe weather activities and ensure "Wet Floor' signs are posted and notify Housekeeping if wet floors need to be addressed
1. Customer Focus
2. Communication Proficiency (oral and written)
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent
* A minimum of 2 years of prior security experience is required, preferably in a commercial or industrial setting
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
* CPR Certified
* Knowledge of Security State and Federal Laws and Regulations
* Ability to maintain applicable licensing requirements
* Ability to maintain a valid driver's license
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
* Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships
* Must exercise a high degree of integrity and demonstrate a strong code of ethics
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Regularly required to travel outside between properties in varying weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Must have ability to stoop, stand, climb, frequently lift a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pumps, tools, ladders) and safely install rigging/lifting devices
* Regularly required to crouch and reach to install/move equipment by bending forward at the waist or by bending legs and spine
* Involves movement between departments, floors, and properties to facilitate work
* Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you
* Ability to read and understand information presented orally and in writing
* Regularly required to utilize vision abilities, allowing reading of printed material, drawings, and schematics
C&W provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, C&W takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Cushman & Wakefield is committed to equity in employment and our goal is to have a diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free workplace. If you are a person with a disability and need the job posting in an alternative format or any other accessible accommodations during the hiring process, please email your request to HRServices@cushwake.com. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.
Cushman & Wakefield is committed to equity in employment and our goal is to have a diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free workplace. If you are a person with a disability and need the job posting in an alternative format or any other accessible accommodations during the hiring process, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.Cushman & Wakefield s'engage a respecter l'equite en matiere d'emploi. Notre objectif est d'offrir un milieu de travail diversifie, inclusif et exempt d'obstacles. Si vous etes une personne handicapee et que vous avez besoin de recevoir l'offre d'emploi dans un autre format ou d'acceder a toute autre mesure d'adaptation au cours du processus d'embauche, veuillez soumettre votre demande par courriel a email@example.com. Veuillez mentionner le titre de poste et le lieu de travail au moment de communiquer avec nous.