Location: Kingston, New York
Functions as a critical liaison to management, to assure established hospital wide health, safety, security and environmental protection programs are being carried out on a routine basis throughout the organization. Provides routine and complex safety, security specific functions that protect patients, staff and visitors in a focused and cost efficient manner. Closely interacts with others in controlling situations of emergency, crisis, violent and/or disruptive behavior. Maintains loss due to accidents and/or incidents which result in loss time, loss of property, or interruption to business operations.
- Performs a broad array of time related safety-security tasks at regular intervals (i.e., facility locking and unlocking, facility fire watch and observational tours, and parking lot enforcement) as well as other timed location oriented tasks as assigned.
- Provides excellent physical protective services to patients, visitors, staff and business assets. Acts as monitor, courier, and escort as needs arise.
- Skillfully controls situations of crisis, emergency and intervention between violent, and/or disruptive individuals following established guidelines, policies or direction.
- Identifies hazardous conditions and initiates corrective controls to minimize life safety issues, criminal activity, fire and/or other high risk situations.
- Monitors facilities and people performance issues to ensure established health, safety, security and environment guidelines are followed. Provides education and/or information to those in need.
- Accurately captures and disseminates essential safety-security data for department team knowledge, use, and regulatory/liability compliance.
- Reviews information, instruction and correspondence daily, prior to engaging in work activities. Clarifies information as necessary. Responsible for accurately documenting incidents and completing daily security activity reports.
- Shall be intimately knowledgeable of all facility alarm systems, components and parameters of operation. Shall have the ability to interact with computerized components, and be proficient in basic testing and troubleshooting skills, programming, and bypassing of faulted zones.
- Effectively utilizes resources and time management skills in cost efficlient manner. Specialized projects may include: complex surveys, trend identification, surveillance, electronics, locksmithing, and signage.
- Performs other duties as needed.
High School Diploma/GED required.
One year healthcare security experience preferred.
Acceptable NYS drivers license required. Current NYS Department of State, Security Guard license required.
Should display good organizational ability and time management skills. Must possess excellent human relations skills, good oral command of the English language, good computer/writing skills. Must display good mechanical aptitude and understanding of various building emergency systems. Ability to verbally and physically deescalate disruptive, violent and/or crisis situations. Completes annual NYS-OMH Preventing and Managing Crisis Situations (PMCS) training.