Location: Meridian, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Meridian, ID is seeking a Security Officer 2 to join our Security team.
Unit/Position SummaryUnder limited/moderate supervision, the Security Officer 2 is responsible for the safety and well-being of patients, visitors, staff, and hospital property.
- Makes periodic tours of premises and grounds, examining doors, windows and gates to ensure that they are properly secured; guards property against damage, fire, theft, trespassing and illegal entry; controls access to health system facilities.
- Applies de-escalation tactics in working with high risk patients, ensuring patients do not harm themselves or others; participates in care plan for high risk individuals, including physical control within established parameters.
- Uses preventative patrol and loss prevention techniques; investigates incidents, collects data and reports security, safety and fire hazards.
- Investigates disturbances, may serve as liaison with police, and in the event of an emergency, maintains order and safety of personnel.
- Maintains daily log; maintains security equipment.
- Directs patrons or employees and answers questions relative to location of organization's services.
- May monitor patient, visitor and employee parking in garages, lots and zones, enforce parking regulations and issue parking citations when appropriate.
- Handles moderately complex issues and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Possesses solid working knowledge of subject matter.
- May provide leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to subordinate group.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience: 2 years additional relevant experience.
- Licenses/Certifications: Valid driver's license in state of practice and proof of driver's insurance.
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
The city of Meridian is a suburb of Boise located approximately 10 miles from downtown Boise. Meridian is a premier place to live and work with just under 90,000 residents. This clean and attractive city is framed by mountains and has a pleasant mild, 4-season climate and excellent commerce. The city offers a wide selection of nearby recreational activities such as skiing, 130 miles of hiking trails and 25 miles of paths which link 850 acres of parks. Meridian offers premier shopping, dining and entertainment.
Learn more about what Meridian and the Treasure Valley has to offer you:
St. Luke's Health System | City of Meridian | The Village | Boise Convention and Visitors Bureau | Boise Parks and Recreation | Boise Museum Association | Boise Music Festival | Boise Philharmonic | Downtown Boise Restaurants | Hyde Park events | Treefort Music Festival | First Thursdays | Alive After Five | Capitol City Public Market | Runs and Triathlons | Shakespeare Festival | Sawtooth National Forest | Visit Idaho.org
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.