Job Summary The Supplemental Security Officer I is responsible for patrolling, protecting, and securing of all Harris Health System's buildings and grounds promoting safety and security at all locations. Responds to all crisis intervention team activations and assists by providing security for area.
Minimum Qualifications: Education: High School Diploma or GED.
Licenses & Certifications:
Basic Life Support; training must be completed within six months of employment.
Valid Texas Driver's License
Must be registered by the Texas Private Security Bureau within 90 days of employment.
Communication Skills: Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact), Writing/ Reports
Proficiencies: MS Word, P.C., Typing
Job Attributes Work Schedule: Weekends, Flexible, Overtime, Holidays
E-1 availability during disaster situations. Must be able to understand the English language and communicate it effectively in both verbal and written form.
Equipment Operated: PC based electronic access control, CCTV, and parking systems. Handheld Radio systems. Patrol vehicle.
Typical Duties That May Be Performed
1. Delivers exceptional customer service by embracing ServiceFIRST standards of behavior during all patient, visitor and staff encounters. Assists visitors and patients by answering questions and directing them to their proper destination.
2. Works collaboratively with colleagues to deliver patient/customer services that meet or exceed patient expectations as evidenced by patient satisfaction scores.
3. Patrols Harris Health System buildings, grounds and parking areas in Security vehicle or on foot. Monitors assigned area in a manner assuring maximum visibility of the security presence. Controls access of areas and controls parking areas, prevents vehicles from parking illegally.
4. Conducts rounds through security sensitive areas and areas of risk. Patrols emergency and urgent care areas, lobbies, waiting areas, and stairwells. Identifies and reports all fire and safety hazards, suspicious activities or breaches of security.
5. Controls materials by requesting package passes or equipment cards for equipment and items being taken from buildings. Prepares appropriate documentation as required.
6. Responds to emergencies, including fire alarms, and assists in fire drills. Maintains knowledge of emergency response plans, systems, and equipment. Responds to all crisis intervention team activations and assists by providing security for area.
7. Prepares and submits security investigation, activity logs, and incident report forms as required and within assigned shift.
8. Assists with unruly visitors, employees and patients. Assists law enforcement as requested.
9. Monitors CCTV, Access Control System and parking systems. Assists with making I.D. Badges as requested. Properly operates and cares for security equipment.
10. Maintains and operates Parking Automated System as required.
11. Provides escort to employees and guests upon request.
12. Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting mandatory education requirements of Harris Health and the Department of Public Safety.
The Harris Health System is a fully integrated healthcare system that cares for all residents of Harris County, Texas. We are the first accredited healthcare institution in Harris County to be designated by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Patient-Centered Medical Home, and are one of the largest systems in the country to achieve the quality standard. Our system includes 23 community health centers, five school-based clinics, a dental center and dialysis center, mobile health units, a rehabilitation and specialty hospital and two full-service hospitals.Ben Taub Hospital is a world renowned Level I Trauma Center with 586 licensed acute-care beds and provides a wide range of specialty care outpatient services. Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital is a 328 licensed bed acute-care hospital with a newly expanded Level III trauma center and a distinguished regional center for neonatal intensive care for high-risk deliveries.Harris Health is a teaching system for Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth). We train the next generation of healthcare providers on the latest medical procedures and technological breakthroughs.With... our fully integrated electronic medical records system, we offer patients the convenience and assurance that their medical history is accurate, safe and available when and where it is needed. Our Medical Home designation ensures that we offer a full range of preventive, specialty and acute care services for the entire family.