1. Patrol campus property on foot or in vehicle to ensure the safety and welfare of students, faculty, staff and their belongings;
2. Monitor campus physical property including buildings, vehicles, and equipment;
3. Enforce College policies and procedures pertaining to students, faculty, staff and visitors while on college property;
4. Prepare written reports such as daily logs, incident reports, injury reports, and reports relating to security and safety matters;
5. Serve and assist students, faculty and staff whenever practical to ensure their safety and welfare;
6. Serve as the single point of contact for campus incidents that occur during a shift, in the absence of a higher-ranking campus authority;
7. Continuously monitor campus buildings and grounds for fire, safety hazards, maintenance problems and areas where needed patrols are warranted. Report all problems to the supervisor or authorized personnel to ensure problems are logged and corrected;
8. Protect the confidentiality of information acquired through performance of duty;
9. Assist campus police, emergency personnel, and/or college personnel in responding to emergencies and disruptive situations as directed by the campus police officer(s);
10. Assist campus police, emergency personnel, and/or college personnel in assisting with directing persons to safety, evacuation(s) of buildings, and rescue of injured persons;
11. Respond to emergency medical situations and administer first aid within the scope of his/her training;
12. Respond to intrusion and fire alarms;
13. Perform security functions and crowd control during special events;
14. Report to work during scheduled & unscheduled shifts, college events, and closings as requested by the Chief or their designee (classified as essential personnel); and,
15. Additional duties shall include other appropriate activities as assigned by the Chief of Staff and/or the President.
To provide the safety and welfare of students, faculty, and staff on the Durham Technical Community College Campus and to monitor, maintain and enforce college rules and regulations.
High school diploma or G.E.D. Valid NC Driver's License. Must be at least 21 years of age.
For other requirements, please see the Special Conditions for Eligibility.