Benefits at Satellite Healthcare: Caring for Those Who Care For Our Patients
The Satellite Benefits Program: flexibility, choice and peace of mind.
Our Total Rewards Program is a comprehensive plan that gives you the peace of mind to thrive in every area of your life so you can reach your greatest potential.
A choice of quality health plans is an important component, but Total Rewards encompasses so much more. There are programs for personal wellness, financial well-being, professional development, paid time off, rewards, recognition, scholarships, commuting expenses, and more. We even help with insurance for your pets.
Here are a few of the many highlights of our benefits:
- Health, Dental and Vision: Up for four different choices, plus FSA and HSA options (with very generous employer HSA contributions)
- Wellness: Programs include a cash incentive for regular gym attendance and monthly payroll credits for participating in programs offered throughout the year
- Professional Development: Includes conference and educational reimbursement, including opportunities for up-front tuition payments
- Transit Commuter Reimbursement Account (TCRA): Eligible expenses include fares and parking
- Retirement: 403(b) with a dollar-for-dollar match from Satellite of up to 6% for eligible earnings
- Work/Life Benefits: Our expansive program includes counseling, parenting help, financial coaching, and legal consultations, pet insurance, auto & home insurance, and student loan support
Humanity and our mission shape the work culture.
People living with CKD come to us because they want to live. We respond with individualized, compassionate care that combines expert dialysis treatment, empowering wellness education, and a commitment to help each patient lead the best life possible.
This individualized approach is reflected in our work culture which is based on collaboration, innovation, and a respect for each employee’s strength of character and individual voice. Together, we support one another as we strive to be the best in our field.
Great leaders know what it means to serve.
At Satellite Healthcare, leaders lead by listening. By empathizing. By empowering people and lifting them up. They lead by guiding the growth of their teams and strengthening the bonds that make them strong and effective. When leaders are dedicated to serving rather than being served, they unlock the full potential of everyone here.
Student programs at Satellite were created to support your progress.
Students from many different academic backgrounds find opportunities at Satellite Healthcare to support their professional goals. All our programs offer exposure to our unique culture and provide hands-on, real-world learning that will serve you throughout your career.
Paid Summer Internships
Summer Internships are available to students with clinical, business, marketing, finance, technology and other academic backgrounds. Interns work at our San Jose, CA, offices, but there are often opportunities to travel to our centers. You will take the lead on an important project, and at the conclusion of the program, present a summary of your experience to the home office leadership, including our CEO.
- Currently enrolled at an accredited college or university (second year or above) or a recent bachelor’s graduate (within the past 12 months)
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Available and committed for eight weeks at 40 hours per week
- Valid work authorization
Internships for Social Workers and Dietitians
We offer several unpaid internships for students needing to complete their graduation requirements in an accredited social work or dietitian program. These are based in our dialysis centers. If your school does not have an Affiliation Agreement with us, please have your intern coordinator contact Satellite’s university program coordinator.
Externships for Medical Assisting Students
Externships for Medical Assisting students let you work side by side with our dialysis nurses for guided, hands-on experience in our centers. We partner with local colleges and universities to offer these programs. If your school does not have a partnership agreement with us, please have your intern coordinator contact Satellite’s university program coordinator.
LVN to RN Program
LVNs are an essential part of Satellite’s quality patient care and we have many LVN opportunities. We also offer education programs that help you become an RN for even more professional possibilities.
Return to School/Tuition Assistance Programs
Professionals who join Satellite Healthcare can take advantage of reimbursement for approved courses and conferences, upfront tuition payments, and even loan refinancing and. Learn more in our Benefits section.
Our RN New Graduate Program Launches in 2020!
New RN graduates who want to pursue a career in dialysis will receive extensive training in Nephrology Nursing to acquire the skills and certification you’ll need. We will be launching this program in the fall of 2020.